Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wire Wrapped Glass Beads


I've been seeing a lot of wire-wrapped jewelry lately and I really like it. It ranges from sexy and elegant to fun and funky to just plain weird, lol. Seeing so much of it, it got me curious and I decided I wanted to try it myself so I did. I had these amber-coloured glass beads left over from a project and I figured they'd be something good and cheap to practice on. I made a set of five using 24-gauge brass wire since it's so malleable. My only complaint working w/the brass wire is that it's so thin. I had to twist it back over itself two or three times to get it sturdy enough to cage the beads but I like how it came out and it was a relatively quick process.

I haven't decided if I'm going to use these or try to sell them though so I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment