Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wire Wrapped Glass Beads II


I've been seeing a lot of wire-wrapped jewelry lately and I really like it. It ranges from sexy and elegant to fun and funky to just plain weird, lol. Seeing so much of it, it got me curious and I decided I wanted to try it myself so I did. I had these amber-coloured glass beads left over from a project and I figured they'd be something good and cheap to practice on. I made a set of five using 24-gauge brass wire since it's so malleable. After getting a bit of practice under my belt w/the brass wire, I moved to the thicker, sturdier 20-gauge silver wire and I'm quite pleased w/how it came out. I love how amber looks paired w/silver and even though these beads are glass, they're still gorgeous wrapped in silver.

I'll more then likely end up using these but if anyone's interested, I can easily make some more than I'd be willing to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment